Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm going to play football for the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!


I have been in Green Bay, Wisconsin for about a month now.  It has been an incredible experience!  Gina and I have felt at home within both our new church family and our community at large.  Sophia and Dominic are now busy finishing up the school year at De Pere Middle and High School.    Our stuff is slowly moving out of boxes and finding its way into their proper niches, corners, and closets. 
With the house duties and the move behind me, I can start focusing on my purpose for moving to Green Bay in the first place; to make a difference for God.  As I look at what truly pulls this community together and what impacts the lives of the people here, I am left with only one option.

 I’m going to play football for the Green Bay Packers! 

I think that’s about the only way I can really get the city’s attention and make my mark around here!  It worked for Reggie White, Donald Driver, Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson and some other followers of Christ.  It could probably work for me too!  I haven’t padded up since my senior year of high school but I’m sure I’ll catch on!  The Pack must have a need somewhere for a slow 44 year old with bad knees and arthritis in my hip.  My 40 time is a little iffy and I think I could finish the 100 yard dash…maybe! 

Obviously, this pipe dream isn’t going to happen.  The reality of the situation is I have to use the gifts I’ve been given and the season of life that I’m in to make the biggest difference in people’s lives that God has blessed me to cross paths with.   Life change happens best in relationships and people knowing you care (Although I don’t think they would mind if I single handedly brought home a Lombardi trophy!)

How about you?  If you can’t play for your area’s professional, college, or Recreation League All Star team, what can you do to make a difference and with whom?  Go be you, the best “you” you can be!

2 comments:

  1. I'd play 2nd base for the Seattle Mariners if I could. But I've resorted to being the official unofficial scorekeeper for the 10 & Under Belleview Rangers. It's the best I can do at this point in my life. And you know what? I love it. Surprisingly enough, the boys seems to love it, too. It's kinda cool that their Spanish teacher not only shows up for their games, but keeps their stats.

    You'll always have some cheerleaders here in Florida regardless of what sport you dream about becoming the MVP in. Lemme know if and when you end up bringing home the Lombardi. No, never mind -- I don't want to have to harbor a criminal ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I miss working the little kids games! I always coached, ref'd, scorekeeper, or something! I will again some day! BTW- ate dinner at Lambeau tonight. My first step to getting my hands on a Lombardi one way or another! :)

    ReplyDelete