Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Be patient, God keeps his promises


There have been times in life when I really felt that God wanted to do something either with me, through me, or for me.  I have watched with anticipation for something to happen and for “my opportunity” to present itself!  Some of those events happened quickly but many times I found myself waiting and wondering if I missed it.  Upon closer reading of the Bible, along with some clarity by a friend and ministry partner, Jeanette Flynn, It becomes clear that the problem isn’t with God’s timing, it’s with my expectations.  God has his perfect timetable and, while we are the recipients of His promises, it’s not on our terms. 

Here are some examples…

From the time God tells Abram and Sarah they will have a child until they hold the baby in their arms is 16 years.

From the time Joseph dreams of his brothers bowing down to him until he stands in the palace and sees it happen is 22 years.

From the time that Noah is told to build the ark until the flooding begins is 120 years.

From the time God called Abraham to go and receive his inheritance promised for his people until the day they take possession of the land is 400 years!

Don’t get discouraged when things don’t happen right away.  God is still in control and he still fulfills HIS promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment