Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

A wake up call for the Church and for Christians. Keith Green - Asleep In The Light (live)


The first time I heard this song, I was in 6th grade.  I remember being broken hearted with eyes full of tears and wondering how I could make a difference.  It played heavily in what later led to my call to ministry.

The other night my Spotify account brought up some golden oldies from the Christian music scene.  When I heard this song two nights ago, I had the same response to it that I did as a sixth grader.  As a Christian, especially as a pastor, I have to keep my faith from becoming professional and being locked up inside of church walls. 

This Video is of Keith Green. He was a strong, prophetic musical voice from the 1970’s.  He died at the young age of 28 in a plane crash but made the most of his very short time of living for Christ. 

I hope you can get past the very cool 70's hair and beard and hear the message of this song.  I truly believe it exudes the heart of Christ for His church and His people!




1 comment:

  1. This is great man! Did you know you were the one who introduced me to Keith Green? You had a cassette that we listened to at Grandma's house... =)

    ReplyDelete