Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Having a positive attitude.


Does anyone else struggle with keeping a positive attitude?  No matter how good things are, I can always see how they can be better.  I enjoy working with people and having fun but I have a lot of trouble being satisfied with where things are.  I fail at seeing the positives in life. 
Last week I attended a conference for ARC (Association of Related Churches) and Pastor Stovall Weems dealt with this subject.  He pointed out that in Genesis 1, God ended each day by looking at what he had done.   He always states that “it’s good”.  The message hit home on many fronts. I began realizing that I don’t look at life and see what is good.    I determined that every Monday I will journal nothing but the positive in my life.  No “but’s” or “what if’s” are allowed. 
Last week was my first attempt and I have to admit, it was much harder than I thought.  I kept thinking of how the good things could be better.  When all was said and done, I ended up with three.  Three?  Of all of the blessings in my life I could only think of three positives?  I kept thinking of a better version of the good stuff in life.  This week though is going better.  The week hasn’t been great, but I am now looking for the positives that are occurring all around me. 

Try it this week and I would love to know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment